Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NLY for breakfast

Forum Guest

Default NLY for breakfast

I'm looking to avoid an intolerance to eggs so thinking of having NLY for breakfast with berries but I need a little advice. How much NLY should I be having? And in the book it says full fat for a fat breakfast but I'm struggling to find full fat so if I used fat free would that be ok? I tend to buy Yeo Valley NLY, I shop in Asda, Aldi and Sainsburys.
    Thank you

Full fat will fill you up more, but fat free would be ok. Sainsburys sell Total full fat greek yogurt and also full fat yeo valley (the one in the green carton). Asda (and I think possibly Sainsburys?) sell large tubs of Lancashire Farm probiotic yogurt (I think it's Lancashire Farm? large 1 litre tubs) which comes in full fat and fat free.

As to how much - until you're satisfied but not totally stuffed. I don't have much of a stop signal when eating creamy yogurt so I am not a good guide, but if you are having just yogurt and berries I would want at least 250-300g for breakfast, if not a bit more.

Edit - just checked and it is Lancashire farm I'm thinking of. I've not had it for a while but I recall it being pretty cheap and quite thick and tasty.

http://lancashirefarmprobioticyogurt.blogspot.co.uk/
    3 stone gone forever! Gluten free phase 3.

Forum Guest

That's great thank you I've never heard of Lancashire Farm but will keep a look out

Supermember 2010-14 Marie Smith's Avatar

Yeo Valley NLY and greek style NLY are available in full fat in Asda! This is more tasty and filling than low fat for breakfast.
    Marie x on my way, size 12's here I come...

Forum Guest

Hi Marie, I've only been able to find this Greek one in Asda and it doesn't seem to be 'live'
    http://http://groceries.asda.com/asda-estore/search/searchcontainer.jsp?trailSize=1&searchString=greek +yoghurt&domainName=Products&headerVersion=v1&_req uestid=125823

Is this the one you use? Is it not important it's 'live'?

Edit: Stupid link won't work properly, it's the mid blue Asda tub 1 500g

Aquarius
    Visitor

The 'live' bit is what helps fight candida and keeps your gut flora strong and healthy.

Asda definitely sell the Lancashire Farm one.

I have been struggling to find the Yeo Valley Greek one anywhere other than Waitrose for the last couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by catlover View Post
    Asda definitely sell the Lancashire Farm one.
    I haven't seen that one up here in the wilds of north Britain - I think there are regional variations :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Anna2 View Post
    I haven't seen that one up here in the wilds of north Britain - I think there are regional variations :-(
    That's a pain. They definitely sell it here in Manchester, but Aberdeen is considerably further north!