Thread: Hungry hungry hungry

Default Hungry hungry hungry

Have managed my food all wrong today and now seemed to have awakened Raymond ( sugar monster)

I have had to snack today and I am still hungry :-( how do you get past times like this ?

I do have a good dinner planned and starting to cook but feel like I could eat my own arm

It's at these times you just need to eat lots of Harcombe Friendly foods to stop Raymond getting his wicked way. I was particularly starving just now so had a really early dinner and cooked 2 steaks for myself. If you are hungry you are inviting the sugar monster in with open arms. Just eat real food and nip it in the bud.
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

I agree. When I'm craving cakes, biscuits, sweet things, I allow myself a Harcombe friendly snack - cheese, cold meat, boiled eggs, just anything to stop myself from eating the wrong things. And then I make sure my next proper meals are large ones, as Lizzi suggests, to stop the problem recurring.

+1 for just eating Harcombe foods & plenty of fizzy water!

Ruthie

Raymond having his wicked way made me lol especially cos Raymond is named after my charming but lying and cheating ex

Thanks for your support . I am actually pleased with myself as this is the kind of time I have faltered in the past . Have a big dinner of roast chicken gammon and veg almost ready :-)

Runtara
    Visitor

Hope your dinner hit the spot Teresa!

I've had a bad day today - we've got builders in at the moment, and I'm sure you can relate to that. Tell me it's worth it, please! They're converting the rear end of a long tandem garage that we have, and we stupidly thought that wouldn't impact on the main house... we realise now how foolish that was Hopefully, it'll be over in 1-2 weeks and we can straighten out the rest of the house. It will be fab once finished, though.

I feel for you runtara, that kind of disruption is really disconcerting .

Dinner was lovely thank you and have a fridge full if meat now for salads. Raymond is still whispering in my ear but I am ignoring him

Tess, I hope you manage to kick Raymond in the ass! It seems like the real version and the sugar monster one both deserved it anyway!

+1 for all of the advice above - if you're hungry, EAT!

Quote Originally Posted by Howie View Post
    in fact I can now clearly distinguish between two states now ... genuine hunger and craving's i.e. not hungry.
    Totally - if you think you're hungry but only want to eat rubbish / sweet things etc then chances are it's a craving & not genuine hunger.