Thread: Ph 2 - 1 pound loss in 9 days :(

mghnew2you
    Visitor

Default Ph 2 - 1 pound loss in 9 days :(

Could use some advise from the experts here - what am I doing wrong?
    The one pound actually came off right at the end of Ph1/start of Ph 2, so I've really lost nothing for like 8 days. I have not cheated - I even had to man the cake stall at our school fair yesterday and didn't eat a thing!

I have been having milk, some cheese, and cream. I can happily live without cheese, was just having it to add some variety. I do like cream and like my milk...I don't "feel" intolerant to anything, however, when I was a baby I couldn't have cows milk for over a year - could this mean I'm actually intolerant to the sugars in it or something and that's why the scales are stuck? I don't want to decide I'm intolerant to something just because the scales aren't moving, but am happy to try Goat's Milk if it will help get the weight loss going down again.

Any help really appreciated - feeling very down right now! Thank you.

Hello

I know you won't want to hear this but I suspect that you ARE intolerant to dairy in one form or another..... and the only way to find out is to stop having it for 5 days while you get it out of your system. Were you still having milk during Phase 1? If you have a "masked allergy", you won't "feel intolerant" to a food (in fact, you might even feel addicted to the very thing you're intolerant to).

Cutting out all dairy and then reintroducing milk, then cream or cheese or whatever, is a quick and cheap way of finding out if you have a problem. Don't even have Goat's or Sheep's Milk during your 5 day abstinence. If you find it hard without dairy, it tends to point to it being a problem. The foods we miss the most (and crave) are the addictions.

Hope it helps.

Supermember 2010-14 Marie Smith's Avatar

Have you read the phase 2 sticky? It does advise that you reintroduce one type of food every few days so not all dairy at once but maybe start with some cheese for a few days and check if that has stalled your weightloss and then if it hasn't you can continue having it and reintroduce cream for a few days and do the same. Drop all the dairy for a few days and see if the weight starts coming off again and then you can reintroduce it as per above. Or instead of reintroducing dairy, try another phase 2 food for a few days instead such as mushrooms or berries. Definitely read the sticky and stick your reintroducing plan strictly so you know which foods are not helping you to lose weight.
    Marie x on my way, size 12's here I come...

+1 for the good advice above. No dairy at all for several days.

Also, remember that you have to count each type of dairy as a separate food, so try milk, then wait at least five days before adding say hard cheese, then another five days before trying soft cheese. Many of us have found we can tolerate one type of cheese, but not the other. Sounds bizarre, but you've got to work out what's best for you.

But as Marie says, it might be an idea to not have any dairy for quite a while, and try introducing some other Phase 2 foods first. If the weight starts to fall off, you'll have your answer.

All good advice BUT eight days isnt a long time for your body to adjust to eating this way. Dont fall into the trap of presuming that you'll lose weight in a nice steady downwards stream. It can come all at once or in fits and starts.

[QUOTE=Mamie;264652]All good advice BUT eight days isnt a long time for your body to adjust to eating this way. Dont fall into the trap of presuming that you'll lose weight in a nice steady downwards stream. It can come all at once or in fits and starts.[/QUOTE]
    I totally agree with Mamie, once Zoe told me that it can take our bodies a while to adjust to this new way of eating. Were you on a low calorie diet before? If you were this will definitely have an impact on your weight loss since your body will hold on to any food you give it because it fears a famine in the near future. I'm afraid this is not a quick fix and you might not see a great loss for a while, but if you stick to it and go back to basics like the others have said I'm sure you'll soon see a change.

mghnew2you
    Visitor

Wow all of your advice is awesome, thank you!
    I did introduce things one at a time, but you are quite right - I didn't wait a week, only a couple of days between each thing. So I will cut everything out again for a few days to see if that starts the scales moving again.

Is it right to say that when I start to introduce something - if I don't lose any weight whilst eating it- that is a sign that I'm intolerant of it? Just trying to make sure I understand, because I don't feel sick or bloaty or anything when I have milk or cream.

And you are right, it's only been 2 weeks and I have lost 4 1/2 pounds total so far, I've only got another stone to lose so I shouldn't be so hard on myself. I am loving not feeling sick or stuffed or full of wind or heartburn!

Thanks again everyone, really appreciate your help and personal experiences.