Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Week 1 menus, anyone for the blitz-mabob?

Default Week 1 menus, anyone for the blitz-mabob?

I'm getting mentally prepared for next week and I am going to do the p1 BUT with mixing i.e. with the brown rice 50g (dry weight) allowance. Radical, I know. But at the end of the day, p1 is about reducing cravings, if one loses weight - yippee - but if not, p2 awaits. As I've posted before I'm going 'nuts' foodwise, so p1 needs to be a good one for me and if my rice allowance helps it go well then that's good and fine.

Anyway, anyone come up with week 1 menus for this blitz-mabob? I'll post mine here shortly. There will definitely be curry featuring once if not twice Looking forward to hearing yours!

Great idea Woolly. I need some inspiration. I think part of the reason why I got bored with THD is because I was eating the same old.... Going to try a new recipe once or twice a week over this challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by Spetsi View Post
    Great idea Woolly. I need some inspiration. I think part of the reason why I got bored with THD is because I was eating the same old.... Going to try a new recipe once or twice a week over this challenge!

Feel exactly the same Spetsi & Sally. I tend to stick to the same old same old dishes and then cheat because I want something different.

So out with those recipe books and let's share/swap whatever we all enjoy I'm sure we'll come up with some crackers ( sorry - don't eat crackers they contain wheat!)

Ruthie

Good idea Sally!. Yes I can be very boring. Meat, meat and more meat (and maybe a couple of eggs, with meat, of course) is my normal menu. It would be interesting to get some options to try.

I think it would be helpful to show meals falling into each other say, to enable prep to be recorded, to make it easier. I know leftovers from the meal before are definitely a good option, but not everyone wants to eat the same meal for breakfast - I know I'm not that keen, although I don't have that problem for lunch, happy to do it then. But in p1, you need something quick and easy, so if one can do and record the little prep, it can work wonders.

My week:

Sunday - evening prep

put pork/beef (rough 1kg in total) mince in slow cooker on LOW (for as much as 20 hours), with chopped x2 tins toms, x2 onions, x2 garlic, tom puree, x2 anchovies in oil, small chopped 2 carrots/2 or 3 celery stalks, s&p (double portion - freeze half for next week)
    cook crustless quiche x 6 with bacon, eggs, s&P, spring onions, chilli (sliced small), leftover cooked celeriac/veg from sunday lunch
    Make yoghurt
    Make up thd speedy mayo (if run out)

Mon
    crustless quiche x2
    spag bol (with rice noodles - 50g dry weight)
    poached salmon, bearnaise (tarragon soaked in mayo) and cooked broccoli

Prep - cook rice/hb eggs (x3) for tomoz. Make up 5 portions of rice - keep 1 in fridge and freeze remaining 4 portions.
    Put turkey leg in the slow cooker last thing at night, just s&p

Tuesday
    Leftover salmon with cooked rice, fried with spice for kedgeree (1 hb) CHANGE to x2 crustless quiches
    coronation turkey leg with mayo and curry spice with rocket/salad (mix thd mayo with 1 tsp of curry powder with turkey, lime zest and squeeze of lime juice)
    burgers with bacon in lettuce sandwiches

Wednesday
    crustless quiche x2
    coronation turkey & salad
    cottage pie (bol leftover) with mashed swede/celeriac on top and peas

Prep. marinate chicken thighs in fridge (cut up to fit on skewer) in yoghurt etc.

Thursday
    Puffed rice with nly and cinnamon
    cottage pie (leftover) and peas
    Greek chicken with cue/toms salad (do lots of chicken for tomoz)

Friday

huevos rancheros (baked eggs with red peppers, toms) change to quiches (as I have loads!)
    tinned tuna salad and mayo (leaves, toms, red/spring onion)
    Chicken tikka masala (just make masala sauce and use leftover chicken from yesterday) and add to rice

Saturday

bacon and eggs, toms
    yoghurt only (burgers for kids/oh)
    THD indian takeaway with rice.

Sunday

yoghurt only
    roast pork, gravy, steamed greens/carrots (pots for family)
    omelette with tomato/red onion salad

Gosh - I thinnk I've just worked out a good possible for my first p1 7 days!

I also think - how are we making the blitz different from just the normal thd - I think this is part of the difference, added support to make the phases work for those that need/want it. A lot of people complain about the constant planning/cooking. If we can make this easier - less thinking - it might really help those who get tired of it, but obviously love the results.
    Last edited by woolly; 1st July 2013 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Added more detail in terms of quantities

Woolly, you should open a restaurant or Harcombe-friendly B&B! I'll come over for those kinds of meals!
    It is said that truth passes through 3 stages: First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, itís accepted as being self-evident.

joseyc
    Visitor

Looks amazing - intrigued by the turkey leg and slow cooker with s and p and voila coronation turkey next day - do you put on high or low and how long for??

Kerry
    Visitor

this is soooo what I need right now - and also you all have a very good point, if I tend to stick to the same meals I feel fed up before I start and bored - porridge really works for me and fills me up with cinnamon so that's what I am going to stick with however I am going to make up a few veggie curries with the coconut block in (like the butternut sq. one) and then just de-frost and add what I fancy whether it be more veggies or meat etc. also going to do the same with a ratatouille based meal and just add fish etc. I always stick with salad and fish/meat/eggs for lunch but shall be trying Yeo Natural L. Yogurt (full fat of course which I LOVE) maybe have some berries when allowed and just have a small salad with tin tuna/salmon if am actually HUNGRY sometimes I eat just for the sake of it take a massive salad in and get put off by the size of it if that makes sense. Having different peoples meal plans is gonna be great and very helpful xxxxx

Some great ideas there.Just a thought woolly..I know you want to include rice this time..but you could have cauli rice on a couple of occasions to reduce the mixing element across the week?

Another thought re variation...I did oven roasted med vegetables the other day to go with the chicken I had it really made a difference from my normal veg options so changing the accompaniment is another easy win for varying the standard!

Bea

Well it's a good start, isn't it?

Peapod, love to do something with food and you'd be first guest at the table, I need seasoned thdr's opinions, naturally

Kerry - yes, I think that's a good plan about a big batch of butternut curry sauce. I would think I would also add that in maybe in the next 5 days or even make that my friday meal and have all those other portions just waiting in the freezer.

MTIN (mytimeisnow), yes I could definitely use caulirice. I did freeze about 4 portions the other week to speed up the process, especially, when I go to a local market here where they sell 2 caulis for £1.20, and for me doing a lot of prep at the same time and then freezing is definitely a help. I think for the rest of the weekend, I need to sort out more space in the freezer to make this work for me.