Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Goals, aims, targets

Default Goals, aims, targets

My long term aim is a way of eating that gets me to, and keeps me at a sensible weight.

Some very special friends surprised and delighted me when they asked me to do a reading at their wedding on 5th October - medium term goal - look my best when I step up to do so.

My short term target is to be a dress size smaller when I meet my new neighbours when we move house at the end of July.

What are others aiming for?

Ghent, Belgium (born USA - UK nationalilty through marriage)

My first goal is to be a steady 3 kilos lighter by 10 August when I have a wedding to go to. My second is to lose another 2 kilos by the time the conference is held on 21 September.

Ew296
    Visitor

I have to say my long term aim is the same as yours, but at a weight that I am happy. For me this represents a weight of around 57kg- I am 67kg at the moment so have 10kg to lose.

My medium term goal is to be halfway to this by October when I go back to University and ultimately I would like to be at this weight by Christmas. So i have 6 months to shift 10kg.

My short term target is to feel like I am really making some positive progress physically and psychologically by the end of July so the 30 day blitz couldnt have come at a better time. I am also not weighing myself for the whole of the blitz. and I'm going to record it every single time I slip-up so that if I don't get the results it is obvious why.

I'm also reminding myself of my favourite weight loss/motivation quote 'Focus on results and you will never change, focus on change and you will get results'. So true. I'm going to be patient and dedicated and I know that I can do this!

To lose at least half a stone in July ( I only want to lose 12lbs in total)

Longer term is to be able to fit into my summer clothes by end of August as we're off to Cape Town & a safari in Swaziland and at the moment I can't wear anything

I would also like to be at goal weight or a bit below by the conference.

Ruthie

To lose a stone short term, and a further 2 or 3 long term. Another stone will see me back in a lot of clothes I haven't worn for a long time. To lose 4 stone in total will take me back to my post gall bladder op weight of 10.4 - which was much better than it felt at the time! I don't think I really felt slim then, but looking at photos now, I was pretty good!

PS - that was 1987 or 88!

Short term I would like to be comfortable in my jeans by my holiday at the end of July (they are a bit snug at mo)
    Med term back to my lowest weight for 30 years by the end of September (this will be a tough one) about 2.5 stone!
    Long term, I have no idea of specific weight but to be a comfortable size 18 in 'normal' shops, this probably means about a 4-5 stone weight loss and by others standards I will still be hugely overweight but I will be very happy in myself to be like this.
    A parallel goal is to increase my fitness levels so I can walk my dogs without noticing and hating every slight incline or hill.

Initially, to lose a stone by September when we go on holiday. Then to get back to where I was 3 years ago [that was when the photo I use as my avatar was taken] - that means losing about a further stone. Long term probably another stone - maybe more than that, maybe less, it will depend how I look and feel. I know that at 63, I wouldn't want to be as light as I was in my late teens and twenties.

the_dark_kight
    Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Pass View Post
    My long term aim is a way of eating that gets me to, and keeps me at a sensible weight.

Some very special friends surprised and delighted me when they asked me to do a reading at their wedding on 5th October - medium term goal - look my best when I step up to do so.

My short term target is to be a dress size smaller when I meet my new neighbours when we move house at the end of July.

What are others aiming for?
    Aim: to find my natural weight and stay there! And hope it is around the weight I expect.
    Goal: to kick my food demons and my IBS
    Target: to be at a smaller size for comic con this month and for a photoshoot that's happening this summer.

This Blitz has come at the perfect time for me. I got back from 2 weeks holiday in the Southern USA on Saturday. It was a fabulous holiday but not a THD friendly one. I have come home feeling bloated and everything feels a bit tighter. So my aim for the end of July is to be comfy in the new clothes I bought before holiday.
    Long term - next holiday in October - would like to be a stone lighter than my pre America weight by then,

[QUOTE=cazbah;266421]
    Long term, I have no idea of specific weight but to be a comfortable size 18 in 'normal' shops, QUOTE]

Yes please I want to go into "Normal Shops" too... It's a few years since I could and I do like clothes oh and shoes. There I go showing off my feminine side again