Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Goals, aims, targets

I can only echo what Nicola has said. I hope you find what you are looking for. All the best.

Just a reminder that we evolved to eat real food, its how our body functions best. I hope if nothing else, that is something you take with you.

"Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

Forum Guest

I'm so sorry to hear that this hasn't worked for you Freedom Pass, and of course you may not be alone in that. I have read your posts over the weeks and have been hoping that you would find a solution. I hope that this 30 days has not been a complete waste for you and that you have enjoyed some small part of the blitz, whether it was a new, healthy food that you have enjoyed or an excercise or walk that has been fun. I wish you well in losing that weight and hope that you find a way that suits your body. If you have been very strict with yourself (which it sounds like you certainly have) you may feel like giving up and having a bit of a binge, I know I would, try not to overdo it and hold onto that weight loss no matter how small. I hope that you find a solution that suits your body and that you achieve your goal weight soon.

For me the Blitz has been a success, I have really enjoyed the walking and plan to keep it up , I don't know yet what weight I've lost but my clothes tell me that I have so I'm happy.

Freedom pass - really hope you find something that will work for you in the long run - congratulations on the new house by the way!

For me, the blitz has been a success - I suppose i'm lucky that I know what works for me after doing this since Feb 2011 - took a good long while to figure it all out, but this month i've had a whoosh & lost 4lbs taking me back into phase 3 again. Wearing skinny jeans today to celebrate!

Will almost definitely need a few strict days once I get back from holiday as i've had no control whatsoever over my food and not all of it has been THD friendly at all. Luckily I only weigh once a month now so hopefully by the end of August i'll be back to my natural weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzi S View Post
    I can only echo what Nicola has said. I hope you find what you are looking for. All the best.

Just a reminder that we evolved to eat real food, its how our body functions best. I hope if nothing else, that is something you take with you.

Thank you, for your good wishes.

I always did eat real food - meat, fish, eggs, and veg, to make meals from scratch. Okay, I now know that carbs are not for me.

Never had a sugar monster. Have not found anything hard to give up, never had cravings, sadly had no weight loss either.

It may be worth remembering that weight-loss does slow down considerably as you get older - Metabolism is a function of age.

Also - It will have taken a long time to put the weight on - Why would it not take a long time to come off?
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

It certainly does seem you have a puzzle indeed. If you have always eaten real food and its that real food that has made you overweight (unlike the majority who have tended to go upwards due to eating processed foods ergo when they are changed people see a positive effect) then I would be leaning more towards an intolerance to something that has featured regularly in what you have eaten all your life. It is possible to have just weight gain as a sign of intolerance (rather than more physical reactions one would expect). I think it all depends on how much you wanted to work out what foods suit you versus just shifting the weight no matter what. At least the carb management side of things have helped a little with the health.

I really do hope you find something that is successful for you.

My goal for the month was to lose weight and get a bit fitter. I think on the whole I've had a successful month (if you take out the fall that significantly limited the exercise I could do). I've lost 7lbs, 3.5 inches off my waiste and an inch (+) off hips and thigh. Pretty good all in all. I'm still very motivated which is good because I've still got another 35lbs to lose. Now the ankle is getting better I'm going to start my walking again and hopefully get my fitness levels up a bit. Well done to everybody who achieved their goals and don't give up to those that didn't quite get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom Pass View Post
    Okay, I now know that carbs are not for me.
    Sometimes it is just about carb management and time. I hope you get there in the end.
    Lizzi
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

Sorry to hear that this has not worked out for you and truly hope that you find something that fits what you need diet/health wise. Don't forget you are always welcome here is you change you mind.
    Kx

Quote Originally Posted by karencatcat View Post
    Sorry to hear that this has not worked out for you and truly hope that you find something that fits what you need diet/health wise. Don't forget you are always welcome here is you change you mind.
    Kx
    Thank you - as long as my membership lasts I shall continue to read the forums