Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Blitz - Day 2

Ghent, Belgium (born USA - UK nationalilty through marriage)

Default The Blitz - Day 2

Good morning all. I hope you all had a successful first day, if not (wags finger) let's make today an even better one.
    I see the daily email from HQ was in early. I won't be able to visit any shops today (I do all my food shopping on Saturday) nor will I be able to walk after lunch but I can still walk once I get off the train this morning and hopefully this evening before bed.
    Today will be challenging for me as except for my NLY for breakfast I am not 100% in control of my meals today. Lunch will be out at a restaurant where I will have a big salad and dinner is out at a friend's house. Luckily the friend knows all about THD and will do her best to accommodate me. As long as we don't get home too late I will plan to walk.

What scores did you all give yourselves? I decided on a 9 for yesterday even though I didn't cheat. I feel I should have drunk a bit more water. I need to try and up my level to 2 litres a day instead of my usual 1.5.

So, have a great day 2 - let's aim at some looser waistbands.

Good morning Priscilla I gave myself an 8 for yesterday as although I didn't cheat I didn't manage any walks yesterday and I ended up skipping breakfast due to bad planning and consequently felt hungry all day.

Today all my meals are packed as I will eat all three meals at work, I plan on doing two 15 minute walks and this evening a 30 minute run.

Morning Priscilla.

I gave myself a 7 for similar reasons to Tess - I didnt get any walks in, and for dinner, I made a thai curry, but I overdid the chillis, so ended up with an unhappy tum. I must not eat hot curry, I must not eat hot curry, I must not eat hot curry......

Hope you have a good lunch and dinner - your friend sounds lovely - not many are so willing to abandon their idea of an evening meal to accommodate a friend's dietary requirements, so how lovely is that?

Morning all.

I gave myself 7 yesterday as I'm not able to walk at the moment, still recuperating from gallbladder op.

I also didn't drink enough water and I ate a banana at 10pm. Not that eating it was disastrous, it had been 4 hours since I'd had supper & I'm doing P2 with occasional fruit, but I might have been craving something sweet so probably should have resisted.

Resolve to do better today.

Have a good one my friends.

Ruthie

Popsy
    Visitor

Morning, I gave myself an 8 for yesterday as although I didn't cheat food wise, I didn't get my run before tea as my little boy refused to stay in bed. I did spend two hours up and down stairs though so hoping that counts for something. Had also been on a 40 min run at lunch so not a total loss.

Got all my meals planned for today and have got a BNS curry out of the freezer to remove temptation when I get I from work as hubby away so usually a big binge trigger for me. Will get 30 min walk at lunch but that will be it as not home from work til 6 then housebound because I am home alone with little one.

Good luck everyone!

7 too. Did walk and am glad to say my foot injury seems to have mended at last. Not having had cream for so long I think I went over the top. Also I have suspected in the past that lettuce makes me feel bloated. My lunch was canned tuna in chilli (Princes) with lots of Romaine lettuce. I felt so bloated afterwards. NO lettuce in lunch today, working in the office today so packed lunch.

I gave myself a 7 (perhaps it should have been a 6 reading all yours) as I felt MUCH better eating than 'normal'. Today I need to drink more water and not have a teaspoon of peanut butter at 4pm (my killer time) and get out for a walk after work (struggling to juggle this one). All meals sorted NLY and meats and salads L & D.

I gave myself a 7 - cut coffee down to one, no chocolate, but did have a little sugar in the stir fry I did (was supposed to be eaten Sunday but wasn't, and I wasn't going to waste it, I'm afraid). Couldn't walk, either, but did BBY (and can feel it in my shoulders again this morning) and some housework. Today will be better - I have a zumba class at 9am and will walk for an hour at lunchtime (will try to make it faster than usual). Down a 1lb this morning, but that's just weekend's excesses going!

That's an interesting question - what do I score myself.... I should be a 10 as I stuck to phase 1 THD 100% and went for 1 hour walk. But I start thinking that I ate too much and so should only be an 8. I really need to get over this thing I have about dieting = feeling hungry!!

If you did the walk, didn't cheat at all, and left 4 hours between meals and no snacks that sounds like a 10 to me. Don't be so hard on yourself!