Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Blitz - Day 2

Good morning. Yesterday was OK for me. It all started with NLY and decaf coffee. We went out for lunch and I had steak and salad. I also ate some of my son's grilled chicken and finished off with some cheese. I skipped dinner because my steak was served with a garlic aiioli which repeated on me the whole day, so dinner was substituted by a hot chocolate with double cream.

I didn't get any walking in and I guess I won't get any in today either, but I shall try. The problem is that my father is here and mum doesn't want to be left alone in the house with him longer than necessary. I am working all day today which means she wouldn't forgive me if I went out after school as well. We shall see.

Spetsi! Get hold of the book Nurturing Wisdom, by Marc David.

This is so liberating. All about keeping to a way of eating that suits you, but not obsessing about it.

I have found this book has completely changed my outlook and I know will help many Clients who I will be coaching.

I'll take a 9 - had a good eating day with no cheating but also didn't drink enough water. Did the two walks as well. I'm mainly sticking with Phase 2 and more fat meals than carbs. Enjoy day 2 everyone.

Good morning blitzers!

I scored myself an 8 for yesterday. I ate as I planned to except that I missed breakfast, and I didn't drink as much water as I should've (<1 litre). I didn't walk, but I didn't intend to - I prefer to plan a day in advance, so I'm going to shift all the exercise by one day. I did go to my usual personal training session and walked home (~25 mins).

Today's good so far - I did make breakfast - 3 eggs scrambled in the microwave. Tasted fine but could've been more aesthetically pleasing! Suffice to say there will be no photos of my meals being posted Got my chilli beef lunch with me, and some sardines plus oat cakes & hummus for dinner. It's probably not enough for dinner but I think one of the reasons I did have b'fast this morning was that I woke up hungry! Maybe not the best motivation but I'll take it for now.

Best of all...just one day of eating not-crap, and I feel less bloated, and less brain-fuzzy. I woke up clear headed for the first time in ages

Morning all,

Well done on completing day 1. I think I may have been a little hard on myself as I gave myself a 6 as although I stuck to food 100% I didn't drink enough water and I didn't do enough walking, although I spent an hour chasing after a crawling baby who wants to get in places she shouldn't!

Am at work again today (work 3 days a week) so have had a huge breakfast of fried eggs and belly pork slices and am taking my lunch of turkey mayo and salad. I have dug out my waterbobble water bottle to ensure that I drink more water today. Not sure about where I will fit the walking in, I will try and aim to take the pram out when I get back from work but it will depend if its raining!

Hope everyone has a fab day.

xx

I gave myself a 9, I stuck to P1, did the walk but did have two normal coffees (bad planning on my part). Will be more organised today.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjc View Post
    If you did the walk, didn't cheat at all, and left 4 hours between meals and no snacks that sounds like a 10 to me. Don't be so hard on yourself!

I think it is a pity that we have fallen into giving ourselves scores! We all deserve a 10 out of 10 for even caring.

Sorry but this is Trish the coach talking! Lets not focus on what we are not doing but on what we ARE doing.

Aquarius
    Visitor

I gave myself a 10 for yesterday as I stuck to my planned menu and got in some good walking. I needed the pat on the back too after the past several weeks.

Today is a lazier day as I need to conserve my energy as I have two 90 minute walking tours to take tomorrow. I am hoping that detox symptoms don't kick in too hard! This afternoon will see me sitting in a cinema, but I plan on walking a mile there and back by parking my car further away than normal.

My shopping day will be Thursday when Exeter has its Farmers' Market. Not sure I can buy anything I haven't already tried but I will get some lovely local veggies and maybe some good beef and Gloucester Old SPot pork - love the spotty crackling

Have a good Blitz 2

EDIT
    I posted this before Trish's post appeared. I agree that we are all worth 10 and I am not sure how I would react if I felt I had 'earned' less than max!
    Last edited by Aquarius; 2nd July 2013 at 10:31 AM. Reason: 90 minute, not 9!

Ew296
    Visitor

I would rate myself at an 8 yesterday- I didn't cheat at all, had 3 big meals. I snacked on two eggs when I got in from work and some cherry tomatoes- I am meant to be eliminating tomatoes as they trigger bingeing for some reason. But I managed to stop myself from eating the whole packet which hasn't happened in a LONG time so I know the Blitz is helping to change those tendencies even after one day. I also walked for about 45 minutes and did some weights in the evening.

Today I got up at 6.30 and went for a 30 minute walk. I am used to running in the morning but it was actually quite nice to go out and take a brisk stroll and felt much less pressured and intense. What is also good, and why I know this is beginning to work is the fact that I was really hungry at breakfast and I believe that is a sign that you are doing the right things for your body. I am also eating normal meals at breakfast time and always fat meals and I find this keeps me going until 1pm. When I have a carb meal for breakfast (rice/oats) I am starving again by 11am so when I have a carb meal it will be either lunch or dinner.

At the moment I am having 3 fat meals and wonder if this is bad as it means my carb intake is relatively low. would you say it is better to have the 50g allowance for more sustainability in the future i.e if I go back on carbs will I put weight on quickly?

Emma

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonious View Post
    Spetsi! Get hold of the book Nurturing Wisdom, by Marc David.

This is so liberating. All about keeping to a way of eating that suits you, but not obsessing about it.

I have found this book has completely changed my outlook and I know will help many Clients who I will be coaching.
    It's called Nourishing Wisdom - link here

Ruthie