Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: Ohh a bit of pink fizz

  1. #11
    Forum Member Nannyogg9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Asfordby Valley
    Posts
    1,511

    Default

    Congrats for all of it! Pink fizz rules
    DON'T CHEAT!! You'll only wish you hadn't...

  2. #12
    Supermember 2010-14 hattie the cattie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Vale of Glamorgan, Wales
    Posts
    12,650

    Default

    Glad you enjoyed it, shame about the headache. I found my tolerance for fizzy stuff seems quite high (fortunately !)
    See my Visitor Messages for more about me & My Album for photos

  3. #13
    Forum Guest karencatcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Central Portugal
    Posts
    2,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hattie the cattie View Post
    Glad you enjoyed it, shame about the headache. I found my tolerance for fizzy stuff seems quite high (fortunately !)
    The more I drink the better I handle it but have been dry recently and my tolerance is very low. Perhaps I need more practice

  4. #14
    Super Member 2010-15 Priscilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ghent, Belgium (born USA - UK nationalilty through marriage)
    Posts
    4,240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karencatcat View Post
    35 years.......I may have buried him under the patio before we get to that awesome number. You must be a complete saint...lol

    You are so right about the driving....I had to go out with Geo on Monday night because she had never driven in the dark and wanted reassurance she could do it and then yesterday morning it was raining and guess what......she had never driven in the rain before either. She coped fine with both but it does show the downside of intensive driving courses.

    I have a massive headache this morning......pink fizz is not my friend today!
    I'm not a saint but it hasn't always been easy - like an ocean - sometimes nice and calm, other times very stormy. He is the volatile one, I'm the compromiser one but silently just doing what I want! I've learnt over the years. Now in my 50s I am much stronger than I was in my 20s and 30s.

    Your daughter will need to build up her confidence and be aware of all the other drivers around her. She has to learn not to feel pressurized by the other motorists who are always in such a hurry. But you know all this.

    Hope your headache has not gone.

  5. #15
    Forum Guest karencatcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Central Portugal
    Posts
    2,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Priscilla View Post
    I'm not a saint but it hasn't always been easy - like an ocean - sometimes nice and calm, other times very stormy. He is the volatile one, I'm the compromiser one but silently just doing what I want! I've learnt over the years. Now in my 50s I am much stronger than I was in my 20s and 30s.

    Your daughter will need to build up her confidence and be aware of all the other drivers around her. She has to learn not to feel pressurized by the other motorists who are always in such a hurry. But you know all this.

    Hope your headache has not gone.
    I like you analogy of marriage.....an ocean...must remember that. We are both Scorpians and unfortunately both volatile, moody and difficult. On the plus side Scorpians are also passionate!

    I am also in my fifties (50 to be precise) but have yet to learn to demand by stealth.

    Geo seems perfect happy driving around now. Initial nerves gone and she is zooming here there and everywhere.

    Now tell me why you wanted me to keep my headache? It's just not nice :-)

  6. #16
    Club Plus Member Sarah(sjc)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    20,068

    Default

    Congratulations Karen, and Geo on driving - Sam has his next test on Tuesday, and if this doesn't work out, I will look at an intensive course! Wish perhaps we had done that in the first place! I am Scorpio too, but don't think I'm that difficult (well, I wouldn't, would I?)....

  7. #17
    Super Member 2010-15 Priscilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ghent, Belgium (born USA - UK nationalilty through marriage)
    Posts
    4,240

    Default

    Sorry about the headache remark - I really should proof read before pushing the "post quick reply" button!
    Now I understand my scorpion daughter better. I love her to bits but she can certainly be volatile, moody and difficult. I am a Capricorn and hubby is a Cancer. Our birthdays are exactly 6 months apart - such opposites!
    Then again my son is a Cancerian as well and is nothing like his Dad.

    Karen, will you be going to the Conference in September? Would love to meet you face to face.

  8. #18
    Forum Guest karencatcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Central Portugal
    Posts
    2,034

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sjc View Post
    Congratulations Karen, and Geo on driving - Sam has his next test on Tuesday, and if this doesn't work out, I will look at an intensive course! Wish perhaps we had done that in the first place! I am Scorpio too, but don't think I'm that difficult (well, I wouldn't, would I?)....
    Morning Sarah and thanks for the congratulations for Geo. She did do well but maybe it's in the genes - dad is a caraholic and obsesses over what vehicle he will have next. Pretty sure Sam will pass next time...he has just been unlucky so far. How you enjoying beautiful Cornwall?

    Quote Originally Posted by Priscilla View Post
    Sorry about the headache remark - I really should proof read before pushing the "post quick reply" button!
    Now I understand my scorpion daughter better. I love her to bits but she can certainly be volatile, moody and difficult. I am a Capricorn and hubby is a Cancer. Our birthdays are exactly 6 months apart - such opposites!
    Then again my son is a Cancerian as well and is nothing like his Dad.

    Karen, will you be going to the Conference in September? Would love to meet you face to face.
    The headache comment did make me really 'laugh out loud'. I mostly use my iPad for following the forum and you should see some of my autocorrects...hysterical sometimes.

    I am going to the conference now. Bought a ticket from someone on here who couldn't go. Will be lovely to meet you.

  9. #19
    Forum Member Nannyogg9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Asfordby Valley
    Posts
    1,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by karencatcat View Post
    I am going to the conference now. Bought a ticket from someone on here who couldn't go.
    Glad you can go KCC! I looking forward to meeting you as well
    DON'T CHEAT!! You'll only wish you hadn't...

  10. #20
    Forum Guest karencatcat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Central Portugal
    Posts
    2,034

    Default


    I will seriously need to get my act together to be able to face everyone. Had no wine yesterday but I did have couscous. My sister in law caters heavily on the carb(dark) side. Oh well today has been good.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO