Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Blitz - Day 24

Ghent, Belgium (born USA - UK nationalilty through marriage)

Default The Blitz - Day 24

Day 24

This is starting to feel like writing up a diary every day. I was never very good at that when I was younger so I never completed one. Anyone remember those little books with a heart shaped mini padlock?

Yesterday I earned 9/10 as once again I didn't get my second walk in. It is so hot and humid here and it doesn't cool down enough. Not a good excuse I know. I really enjoyed my carrot bolognaise for lunch and finally this morning the scales showed a drop, not a big one, 500gms, but something.

Today's mail doesn't affect me much as I don't drink alcohol and never have done. One devil I never had to conquer. Will try to check out the exercise routines later on. This time next week the Blitz will be over but I just hope that means I am safely on the straight and narrow by that time and can continue throughout August.

Quote Originally Posted by Priscilla View Post
    Day 24. This is starting to feel like writing up a diary every day.
    Funny you should say that as I was going to say it feels like writing a blog. Same thing, different era!

Am off to bed now but saw your post so I might as well add mine too.

No activity today, no walking. Just did 15-20 liftings of two 10 pound weights above my head.

Tuna salad for breakfast, caffeinated coffee cappuccino with whole milk.

No lunch

Vile piece of steak for dinner (tasted off, at a restaurant, so I only ate some of it), salad, and courgette. Sparking mineral water. One sip of OH's red wine to clear the bad taste in my mouth.

Dessert at home was full fat frozen yogurt/OJ/strawberries/banana. Trying to counter the bad steak with probiotics! But it was mixing (full fat yog + bananas)

Snack early evening was mixed nuts and raisins. More mixing.

Nursed two cups of Darjeeling tea (caffeinated) with full fat milk during the day.

Giving myself a 6.
    It is said that truth passes through 3 stages: First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, itís accepted as being self-evident.

Good Morning. Yesterday was a good day food wise - stuck with the meat, fish, cheese, eggs only - no change to weight this morning - maybe the fluctuations have gone.
    Sent out the first batch of new address cards.

Priscilla I've come to look forward to your daily thoughts so perhaps you ought to make it a regular thing even post the Blitz (it sounds like we are in the war)!

Re alcohol I have posted on ask Zoe about alcohol as I have my own issues with it as you will see. Any enlightened feedback would be appreciated. Perhaps your sister might use some of her brain power...!
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

Forum Guest

Good grief, I think I may have managed 10/10 yesterday! As well as my two walks (one of them in pouring rain with thunder) I also did a yoga class, two loads of washing hung outside and dried, a weekly shop (massive amount of stuff) and lots of general pottering about, I didn't sit down except to eat and to drive to the supermarket.

Foodwise I had:

Breakfast: Kefir & 2 boiled eggs
    Lunch: very big salad with hard boiled egg
    Dinner: grilled salmon with loads of carrot, green beans & broccoli.
    Snack: strawberries & NLY
    Drinks: water and liquorice & peppermint tea.

Went to bed very tired and slept like a log.

I've discovered a new app for my phone called Map my Walk, it records my walking routes and how long it takes me. My road walk is 2 miles and last night took 26 min, my "off road" walk is 1.74 miles and took 30 min in the rain. It also shows the climbs that you do during the walk, some of mine are very steep. Today I will see if I can knock a minute or two off because the weather is better. It also does stuff like "calories burned" but I'm ignoring all that!

Have a great day 24 everyone, the end (and hopefully the goal) is in sight!

Aquarius
    Visitor

yesterday was a good day - that was number 2 and enhanced by meeting Ruthie and her husband for supper in Exeter

Today has been as good as it could be - been on a coach trip to Wells and had caffeine and dairy twice but loads of walking on two cathedral tours. Lunch was delicious - two pan fried red mullet fillets on a salad of carrot and spinach with an orange dressing. Not very filling though and I was feeling a bit shaky at 3.30 so I had a flapjack with my coffee. No wheat - just oats, butter and dried fruit. Not ideal but as good as I could be. I hadn't taken any dark chocolate as I am pretty sure it would have melted in my bag

Supper has just been a plateful of slow-cooked chicken - all the meat from a leg and the two wings plus all the skin. That's me done for the day apart from another mug of rooibos.

So - walked loads, not done too bad on the food and drink so I am happy that Day 3 (for me) was a good day.

I think today has been pretty good. Absolutely no pink champagne has passed my lips ;-p

After work i mowed lawns, cooked lasagne and then ironed for forty minutes. on top of that I have just done an hour of aquafit and an hour of swimming. Not sure how many lengths though as it was manic in there tonight. Have just eaten lasagne made with aubergine and jolly tasty it was too. I have tended not to score myself but today is definitely full marks.
    Kx

Today's post on alcohol got me thinking too. You'd think I'd have got the hang of this Forum by now but where do you post an 'ask Zoe' question and where is she likely to reply? (Will her reply be for all to view?) Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzi S View Post
    Re alcohol I have posted on ask Zoe about alcohol as I have my own issues with it as you will see. Any enlightened feedback would be appreciated. Perhaps your sister might use some of her brain power...!
    Hi Lizzi, just saw this and looked for the thread you started and saw that Zoe answered you already. Great question, btw! We're always learning on here.
    It is said that truth passes through 3 stages: First, it is ridiculed. Then, it is violently opposed. Finally, itís accepted as being self-evident.

Quote Originally Posted by claire160113 View Post
    Today's post on alcohol got me thinking too. You'd think I'd have got the hang of this Forum by now but where do you post an 'ask Zoe' question and where is she likely to reply? (Will her reply be for all to view?) Thanks!
    It is for club members. You can see it by scrolling down just after the General Help & Support thread. It has its own section called Ask Zoe.
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman