Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Blitz - Day 27 (Formerly the 'Blotz')

Ghent, Belgium (born USA - UK nationalilty through marriage)

Default The Blitz - Day 27 (Formerly the 'Blotz')

Saturday morning and the weekend ahead. I haven't been perfect during the Blitz but from a food point of view I have been cheat free for 21 days out of 26. I haven't loss any inches around my waist, belly area and hardly any weight. Oh well, I will perserver as I have a wedding to go to in 2 weeks and want to look my best.

Yesterday's lunch went well. I only ate salad, no bread, no cakes, but had red currents for dessert. They were picked fresh from my colleagues garden. I assume they are the same as berries. Please correct me if I am wrong.

I don't feel bloated which a good sign. No particular plans today beyond my usual weekend shopping, cooking, clothes washing and ironing etc.

See you all here tomorrow!

Edit: eek can't edit the title - of course I meant to write BLITZ!

EDIT: I can! Done it for you!

Hahaha - actually Blotz is appropriate for me today as I put on 2lb probably due to excessive wine on Thursday evening. Gave myself 9 yesterday eating wise and had lots of exercise.....2 hr walk, 1 hour gym and 1 hour swimming.

Today is going to be a good day - we have plans to do some much needed maintenance at home and that will keep us busy most of the day. Dinner will be barbequed meats....yay!

Have a good day everyone.
    Kx

I don't think red currants come under the berries banner....and I love the Blotz, made me chuckle!
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzi S View Post
    I don't think red currants come under the berries banner....and I love the Blotz, made me chuckle!
    They are called berries in other languages, so naturally I've always seen them as berries!

You might be right, it's just a vague memory of something I'd read. I know cherries aren't berries. I will have to GOMA and do some research.
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

Looked it up in SSCSLW and I was wrong (makes a change) They are berries and are low sugar fruits. Happy days!

Looked it up in SSCSLW and I was wrong (makes a change) They are berries and are low sugar fruits. Happy days!
    What?! Lizzi in an "I was wrong!" shocker! I thought I felt the earth tilt off its axis!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Aquarius
    Visitor

I had another good day yesterday. Very little exercise as I spent the day mainly knitting and reading. But I did arrange for the sofas to be collected by a charity next week so I can complete the intensive cleaning blitz on my house. Saving my energy for that horrendous task!

Food was good and I am happy

Quote Originally Posted by Mat View Post
    What?! Lizzi in an "I was wrong!" shocker! I thought I felt the earth tilt off its axis!
    Er, unlike you, I always admit when I'm wrong. If I didn't I'd be hypocritical, and that's a trait I will leave for you.

Glad about that - I have a bush full of them in the garden and am having them every morning with my yoghurt!

Anyway - still recovering from yesterday - spent most of the day walking about town in the heat while waiting for my car to get serviced and repaired...

Still recovering from the bill I got at the end, too.