Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Blitz - Day 28

Ghent, Belgium (born USA - UK nationalilty through marriage)

Default The Blitz - Day 28

Last Sunday of the Blitz. Yesterday was a difficult day for me but I got through it. For some reason my inner demon really wanted me to have a sod off moment. It only got me as far as snacking on Harcombe friendly food but I didn't cheat!

It was one of those days where although nothing really bad happened, nothing went right either. I got caught out in a thunderstorm and got quite wet. I spent time making a seafood chowder for lunch only for my OH to say it was not at all to his taste and not to serve him anything like that again. I actually thought the soupy bit was quite tasty. I suppose it's not the fact he didn't like it, everyone can have their likes and dislikes, it was the way he tells me.

I swear if there had been any ice cream type stuff in the house I would have buried my face in it. I didn't trust myself to walk into town as I know I would have headed for the nearest ice cream stall.

So no walking in the end and snacking on feta mid afternoon are my mishaps.
    Will be sure to get some walking in today though.

Have a great Sunday everyone!

Oh my love it sounds like you had 'one of those days'. I think you did admirably so well done . My OH truly believes that he is not a fussy eater in the slightest but in reality there are many things that are 'not his sort of thing'.

I was a complete failure.....had home made red wine (lots) and then ate a bread roll for some strange reason.

That episode is best forgotten so I will be a good girl today. We have family BBQ at sis-in-laws but I am driving so there will be water but no wine.

This whole past week seems to have gone wrong booze wise so next week needs to be controlled. There are no birthdays/ driving tests/anniversaries and therefore no reasons to drink.
    Kx

Morning all, yesterday was ok, only had 2 meals but managed to eat a whole pan of turkey stir fry at lunch time (at least 2 portions) so wasn't hungry at dinner time!

We're probably going to drive to Devon this evening in the hope that Lucy will sleep for the journey (haha) hubby is conducting a band gig in Golders Hill Park between 3 and 5 (anyone local?) and it looks like the weather is going to hold out thankfully.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Haven't really been sticking to the Blitz but making an effort to minimize cheating which seems to be working.

Lots of family stuff going on with elderly in-laws - especially 92 yr old FIL (again) & my 84 yr old mum who has had intense/acute stomach pain for months for which the medical profession can find no reason or cure. Mum is losing weight rapidly as she has no appetite due to the pas in, weight she can ill afford to lose! So a difficult time all round.

We are away again from Tuesday for a week, 3 days in Liverpool prior to 5 days in the Isle of Man on a Rail Heritage break. I need to get moving and seriously sort & iron clothes today!

Hoping to be able to stick to THD friendly foods whilst away. Have booked Bem Brasil for our first meal out in Liverpool on Tuesday evening so no problems what to east there!

Just had a carb breakfast of homemade muesli, strawberries, raspberries, banana, skim milk & 0% Greek NLY. Making Chinese duck with stir fry for supper and probably ham with homemade coleslaw for lunch.

Have a good day everyone.

Ruthie

Aquarius
    Visitor

I'm doing ok. Not enough movement but my knitting is coming on a treat and it makes my upper arms ache! I am hoping to knit around 4,000 stitches today and finish my scarf

I was planning homemade coleslaw today but the latest batch of mayo is too runny. Still tasty and very edible but runny.

Fruit and yogurt breakfast, leftover moussaka lunch and boiled bacon with stir fry veggies for supper.

Ghent, Belgium (born USA - UK nationalilty through marriage)

Nothing wrong with runny mayo in coleslaw. My coleslaw sauce is always on the liquid side and works perfectly!

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius View Post

I was planning homemade coleslaw today but the latest batch of mayo is too runny. Still tasty and very edible but runny.
    Call it salad cream and you'll be OK!

Aquarius
    Visitor

OK - I'll make coleslaw

@Aquarius. You could always try our NLY based one... http://www.theharcombedietclub.com/f...ase-1-Coleslaw - It's really easy to keep a great consistency. I make it without the cabbage now (too windy ;-) ) and use equal amounts of grated carrot and celeriac.
    The truth is deafening, no matter how quietly spoken.

Aquarius
    Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    @Aquarius. You could always try our NLY based one... http://www.theharcombedietclub.com/f...ase-1-Coleslaw - It's really easy to keep a great consistency. I make it without the cabbage now (too windy ;-) ) and use equal amounts of grated carrot and celeriac.
    good idea Andy. I am ok with cabbage but don't use onion as raw onion gives me a headache (never used to). And since Harcombe I have been pretty much wind free - and by experimenting I have proved that it is wheat based carbs that gets me every time ;-)) Hubby loves me on Harcombe