Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Celebrations

Forum Guest

Default Celebrations

Hi all,

Last November I tried thd. When my children gave me a tight fitting jumper for Christmas I was really pleased that my belly did not stick out as a big bump above my legs. Sucess! Unfortunately with success comes complacency and I soon found myself getting into some bad habits. I justified these as it does not matter today because I know the harcombe secret and I can go back to thd any time so I will just keep succumbing to the 3 conditions and I can stop any time I choose to. Wrong.

I have lost count of the number of phase 1s I have started and not even got to day 5 in the past 6 months. I have set myself the reward that I am allowed to read the new Jeffery Deaver on Sunday once I complete the first 5 days of the blitz. I know a new healthier me should be reward enough but I need things to aim for in the shorter term. Does Anyone else have any plans to celebrate a successful 14 day blitz?

Wishing you all strength and understanding as we embark on this journey together.

Brigitta

That's a brilliant idea Brigitta! I haven't thought of doing anything like that, but maybe I should. I'm very bad at rewarding myself for reaching targets, despite being great at doing it for the kids! I lost my job a couple of months ago so haven't bought anything for me since then - this could be an excuse to do so (though I think it will probably be a smart jacket to wear for interviews, which is rather dull!).

My reward will be fitting into my clothes better. Looking forward to getting into clothes I haven't worn for ages. I've got a wardrobe full of stuff I can't wear (some with the tags still on which isn't good).

Good luck.

My reward will be better fitting clothes too. After the January Blitz I bought myself some expensive perfume for the first time ever. I need to think of something good to surprise myself with this time, but only if I stick to it foe longer this time!

Perfume is a great idea. I think I'll have to borrow that as a reward for completing the Blitz. The clothes will take a lot longer than 15 days to achieve.

Mortitia
    Visitor

My son got me a day at a Spa for my Birthday in April but I havn't yet plucked up the courage to go ! Maybe after the 14 day Blitz I will arrange to go....

That's a great idea and I'd book it now so you've got the incentive and no excuse to give up on the Blitz.

I'm looking forward to going through my clothes stash (yes, some with tags !) & having what amounts to a brand new wardrobe... Got a big family holiday with grandkiddies coming up and dont want to let myself down..just want to keep up with them all

Thanks to doing THD on and off over the last year I'm back in summer clothes I haven't worn for 2 summers. I also kept out 2 gorgeous fitted dresses that are a wee bit tight at the moment. My aim is to be in them by mid August in time for going to France.

Katy
    Visitor

Default Bakini this year without a diet before for the first time since starting a 15 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisy May View Post
    Thanks to doing THD on and off over the last year I'm back in summer clothes I haven't worn for 2 summers. I also kept out 2 gorgeous fitted dresses that are a wee bit tight at the moment. My aim is to be in them by mid August in time for going to France.
    Great going....I've been phase 2 and three depending what I feel like for over a year now and this year I fit into my bakini and summer dresses without the need for a diet in spring....so for me THD is the first one that has kept the weight off with no effort on my part (IE I can eat as much as I want). In fact I now find I can't go to the french pattiseries. What before was a counter of tempting treats is now just a load of stuff I don't fancy which is much too sweet to eat. What a change.