Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Before and after stats - anyone else?

Default Before and after stats - anyone else?

Weighed and measured this morning after 15 days on the Blitz. I'm 5'6" and started off at 10st 3lb (have been on Phase 3 and weight crept on).

30/6 15/7
    Weight 65.0kg (10st 3lb) 62.6kg (9st 12lb)
    Waist 81cm 76cm
    Hips 99cm 96cm
    Bust 95.5cm 95cm

I'm still a pear, but I'm a better-shaped pear.

Before the Blitz I had decided I was egg-intolerant because omelette made me gag and feel really ill. But I've been OK with eggs (in moderation). Have a sneaking suspicion it's the melted cheese that's the issue, which will be devastating. But better to know and deal with it I suppose. Had skimmed milk at brekkie this morning and feel fine, so that doesn't seem to be a problem. And now, onto phase 2 to shift those last few pounds :-)

Thanks for all the advice on here people, it's been useful to read and motivate me.

Ellie

Great work Ellie! - Those are impressive stats!!

2 inch loss on the waist is very good!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

I'm 5ft 2 and my start weight was 10 stone & 1/2lb.
    After 14 days blitz I am now 9 stone & 10 & 1/2lb - so 4lb down.

Measurements wise:
    waist was 34inches; now 30 inches.
    hips were 40 inches; now 37 inches.
    bust was 40 inches; now 38 & 1/2 inches

So inches win over the scales........... replaced my size 14 jeans with new size 12 ones on Friday and they are already quite roomy.

I am well chuffed!

Thanks Mat - I'm quite chuffed, but not as chuffed as Tinalacy must be, that's a fantastic result. FOUR INCHES off the waist is amazing. But you're right, the inches tell much more than the weight, I'm very glad I measured as well as weighing, otherwise I might have been dispirited.

WOW - 4 inches!!! Definitely worth measuring as well as weighing!!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Well done on your achievement too Ellie.

Had I not measured I would have been disappointed with the scales loss - you are so right about that.

It's usually the first bit of advice I give! - Take measurements - they tell a much better story than a number of a scale!

Oh no, wish I'd measured as Although only lost the 2.4lbs i do feel thinner.

Start measuring now!!!

Forum Guest

Hi,
    Didn't weigh or measure myself. Took a photo on Day 1 and Day 8 and will take one later today but I won't be sharing !
    Jeans and sports shorts fit better around the bum still tight at the waist (although the belt has gone in a notch) and muffin top reduced but still there.
    I don't react well to numbers. I think Zoe writes about it in one of the books. If I weigh myself and its a big loss I think that is a signal that I can have a few P3 treats on an ongoing basis. If I weigh myself and its a gain I think that it proves it does not work and I may as well have a big bag of crisps anyway. Either way Candida wins and I lose.

I am going on holiday at the end of the month and have decided to keep with P1 (with an occasional P2 item for variation) until we go (apart from a bit of milk in a nice decaff tea 2 or 3 times a week). Not sure what will be available whilst away but will make the best choices I can and then decide upon return if its more P1 or more P2.

Had an emotional morning which would normally mean I take solace in a thick sandwich, choccie bar, bag of crisps and can of coke and I was tempted. However I am sitting with my tuna, pepper, tomato and lettuce salad (with a splash of non wheat soya sauce) and because I am a bit sad I am treating myself to a bag of posh anglesey pork crackling. Then half an hour wait for a glass of nice cold water. How times have changed !!

Still do feel tired in the afternoons (just like after carbs meal) but that might be more to do with the world cup than the diet.

Thank you again for all your support.

Brigitta