Thread: Oh goodness!

Default Oh goodness!

This is putting the cat amongst the pigeons!

I think my issue is that these poor children will spend 12 hours each day at the nursery (whilst a parent is working) and the bulk of their food intake on nursery days will therefore be nutritionally deficient however it is dressed up by the nursery.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD but more importantly KCHO

I saw this on the news. Apart from the health aspect, who is going to stand up and challenge the "vegans are saving the planet" hypothesis?
    I'm thoroughly sick of this being stated as fact.
    How do they think those coconuts get here? Last time I looked they weren't grown commercially in this country. And its not only coconuts, its all the other exotic fruit and vegetables that have to be flown in from all corners of the world. If we went only with locally sourced fruit and veg those nursery menus would look a whole lot different.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamie View Post
    I saw this on the news. Apart from the health aspect, who is going to stand up and challenge the "vegans are saving the planet" hypothesis?
    I'm thoroughly sick of this being stated as fact.
    How do they think those coconuts get here? Last time I looked they weren't grown commercially in this country. And its not only coconuts, its all the other exotic fruit and vegetables that have to be flown in from all corners of the world. If we went only with locally sourced fruit and veg those nursery menus would look a whole lot different.
    I agree Mamie. We don't grow rice either! Or duram wheat for pasta!
    Gilli - DLTBGYD but more importantly KCHO

And all those cashew nuts they use - which have to be seriously processed as the nut shell contains seriously caustic acid..
    Sue - the first "no thank you" is the easiest

Absolutely outrageous imposition of minority views. Children need high quality protein, dairy, eggs and locally grown fruit and veg.
    One is too many a thousand not enough.

Zoe tweated about it. It's bizarre even some vegans don't put their children on a vegan diet until they are older, they tend to keep them vegetarian.