Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peter Attia

Well done Peter Attilia as within the low carb community he is a free thinker, as otherwise would just follow the crowd of vaccine skeptics. the majority of whom are not entirely on board with the vaccines. It makes me much more likely to follow him on cholesterol etc on which he is superb when I know that he will come to his own decison. Another one Dr Perlemutter (sp?) got tons of abuse for getting the vaccine he is over 70. Dr Mark Hyman has got lots of abuse and been told he is a traitor for not being anti masks in the states. we have to be less divisive and respectful of people's views and this works both ways of course. There is definitely a place for people who question the status quo too

Dr Robert Cywes got a lot of grief for it too - the comments in response to his facebook post, at the time I read them, were universally opposed to the vaccine and were pretty rude and insulting to him. I agree HC that questioning medical orthodoxy is a very healthy thing to do as long as one doesn't default to the position that they are ALWAYS wrong.

Agree entirely HC!

Quote Originally Posted by MrJDW View Post
    Dr Robert Cywes got a lot of grief for it too - the comments in response to his facebook post, at the time I read them, were universally opposed to the vaccine and were pretty rude and insulting to him. I agree HC that questioning medical orthodoxy is a very healthy thing to do as long as one doesn't default to the position that they are ALWAYS wrong.
    Yes exactly this Mr JDW

There is also another side to this story which is presented rather well in these discussions with Dr Zach Bush.

The problem is that humans and their domesticated animals have become out of sync with the environment and that failure to thrive makes us vulnerable to various pathogens which if we were properly in tune with our environment would not affect us badly.
    Gilli - DLTBGYD but more importantly KCHO

Indeed Gilli - he is very interesting on the subject. But at the same time, we are where we are, and it would take a vast percentage of the population acting in concert, including all those who currently have an interest in maintaining the status quo, to get us back to where everything is in balance. It's fascinating what he has to say about prevalence of HIV for example, but in those people where it is causing a life threatening problem, most would rather take an antiretroviral drug, since balance won't be restored with the natural world within anybody's lifetime. Same thing re smallpox, polio and measles and, for many people, covid-19.

I haven't looked at your link Gilli, however, given the explosion in human population, it's inevitable that we are out of sync - ultimately, there will probably be a great population reset - indeed, this could be it. Vaccination may offer a way to at least delay this reset, but unless the numbers are re-balanced, we are always going to be out of sync. It's what would happen, unchecked, in the wild. However, the majority of the human race will want to put up a fight, I guess?