Page 44 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't Wash Your Hair!

Brilliant news Karolina! I am excited as I got some clay in the post today! I can't wait to start using it! I went out on my fast run this morning and did some push ups and abs & pilates moves and when I got back my clay arrived. Are you going to use the clay on your body as well Karolina??
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

Probably yes I used to use it as a facial wash, I had it mixed with few oils and water and then washed my face in the evening. I don't remember the proportions of how much oils and clay I used, but I know I used the wrong ones. I suppose that is why I've stopped using it at all But it is brilliant for the hair, just mix with water and pour it on the head. I made slightly too much so used the rest on the neck and hands, so it felt really nice, kid of oily, but nice oily. Heh, you'd have to try it yourself to understand

My manager said today that my hair wasn't cut straight, one side is tiny bit shorter than the other. I dunno if he was joking, but it definitely added to me feeling really down whole day long (I really don't want to call the girl who cut my hair a friend anymore). I ended up eating half of box of oatcakes with my carb lunch. So to get the good spirits back, I might just get a really hot shower and cover myself in coconut oil afterwards and then wash with the clay in the morning. Oh joys of mud!

It does sound like you need to get a new hairdresser! I intend to use the clay for washing body, face and hair. All the recipes I've seen say that for the body, just add water so the consistency is like a hand wash. Anyway, I'm ready to go!
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

Let us know how you get on with it

I found this website which explains how to use the clay for all the different purposes. Have a read!

That makes it so super simple! The preparations that I read about in Lithuanian websites were so complex and needed loads of time. Will save that website you found

Well I had a disaster on my first clay experience. I ended up being in a real rush but was so determined to do it. I put too much water in and it ended up being really runny, so I had to run downstairs from the shower (I was all wet at this point) to get some more clay. I tipped loads of clay in there but it was still too runny, so I ended up scooping it up with my hands to rub into my body and scalp. Because it was really runny, clay went all over the walls and the bath - it was a real mess. I quickly rubbed it all in and washed it off straight away. Despite that, my hair and body are so silky smooth, I can't wait to see what it's like when I do it properly!!! Trauma over!

Well I used about a third of the shampoo I would usually use, mixed with water to rinse through my hair! It worked wonders! I could still feel the natural oils at the roots of my hair, but my hair was not nearly so greasy and did not smell any more most importantly. I think I will continue this way and try and extend the time between washes gradually while still washing with water each day. The ends of my hair are still very dry though, so I think I will have to go back to using my conditioner on them as I don't want brittle broken hair!

Both times I made it too runny, but I wasn't bothered I just poured it over my head ant rubbed it in

Oh good - it's not just me then!

Sounds good Lird - this clay is supposed to be good for split ends!