Page 5 of 94 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't Wash Your Hair!

Mine hasn't been washed for about 3 months now and doesn't smell at all!
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

Unwashed hair does smell different. I guess if your hair does smell bad from pollution and other things, I don't see why you couldnt put some apple cyder vinegar or herbal teas through it to mask the smell. It would have to be just the fragrance and water, nothing else. I would say it would only be something you would use if you've been out and your hair smells of cigarettes or something. I wouldnt make it a regular thing as it still might affect the natural processes.
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

Splodge it might be that the unwashed hair smell is the smell it should be and the washed smell is an artificial smell - like you've sprayed perfume in it. I'd say natural is best!
    "Whatever we are, whatever we make of ourselves, is all we will ever have - and that, in its profound simplicity, is the meaning of life." Philip Appleman

I think you should post pics as you go along

I'm sure getting through the first few days will be the worst but there is no way I could turn up to work looking the way I do with unwashed hair - we do have guidleines about appearance!!

Well my job does too, but I figure with a head band and some clips I could make it look like a slicked look if it gets too greasy.

The greasy phase with mine lasted 3 days and it just looked like I had put a little hair-wax in it
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

That's encouraging Mat, I hope that's all it is with me. After the greasy phase what happened??

It just seemed to magically be great - manageable, shiny and full of body!

Mmm! I really hope my hair goes the same way! That would be brilliant! Can you imagine how much I'll save in products? The only thing that worries me is when I go for a haircut. Will they cut unwashed hair??

I washed mine with just water today, nothing else, didn't wash it yesterday. Its very greasy, I hope it improves tomorrow. If it works, be good when we go to our caravan and the water is off for the winter, I used to scrat about in the sink with the water from the barrell.