Page 83 of 94 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't Wash Your Hair!

Sorry to hear that Sally....hope you feel a bit more positive soon x
    Sue - the first "no thank you" is the easiest

Sally, what's going on? x

(On the hair thing, the real aim is simply to reduce the chemical products going into the body, same as eating real food. Often, it's surprising how well your hair bounces back, just by cutting back on some products. Colouring your hair is personal choice, it might lead to needing other products, so you just have to work out what matters to you. There isn't a wrong answer.)
    Find what works for your body. Don't cheat yourself too often or too much.

Hi all, here's my 9th day no poo update . I have water washed, vinegar rinsed twice in that time (used about 50mil in a jug and filled with water).
    I've haven't had greasy hair since I was a teenager, so my hair looks clean. It feels different though (a bit like I've used a dry shampoo) it feels much thicker and doesn't look as shiny but it's quite manageable, I even got compliments on a night out on Friday with my old hairdressing buddies (lol,if only they knew!).
    On products- I colour my hair and prior to this experiment I would use a goodly amount of conditioner as I would never have been able to get a comb through it otherwise, then used a serum before blow drying. Amazingly with no poo, no need for conditioner, comb went straight through! I've not used serum either (didn't need it) but I have continued using hairspray when I go out.
    I'm fascinated by the whole experiment and going to carry on a bit longer- much to OH's embarrassment "don't tell anyone you don't wash your hair" haha

MariaF No one knows about my experiment apart from my husband and us Harcombers! Day 10 today and my hair is a little greasy at the roots but I've given it a good brushing and it's more than presentable. It's still very soft and doesn't smell at all. I think that I'll do a vinegar rinse tomorrow morning and see how that goes.

I'm watching with fascination. Bought the clay from Ciorstains link yesterday and I'm going to give it a go
    My mind is like my PC screen: 19 tabs open on the top bar, 3 of them are frozen, 25 half written emails on the bottom bar, and I have no idea where the music is coming from...

Quote Originally Posted by sarapriestley View Post
    Sally, what's going on? x
    I think i've allowed the impact of discovering my intolerances 'officially' to send me completely the other way, and i am properly in the grip. it's ridiculous as i was pretty sure of most of my intolerances, so this seems bonkers, but i've let it happen. in fact i'm so far in the grip that i don't want to stop eating all the 'nice' stuff. (which of course i do but you know what i mean). My IBS has properly kicked back in.

I'm on holiday again on sunday for a week, so will try to do some soul searching while i am away.
    thanks for your thought guys.
    x

Just realised i've thread jacked too!

Quote Originally Posted by Lindam View Post
    I'm watching with fascination. Bought the clay from Ciorstains link yesterday and I'm going to give it a go
    Cool - let me know how you like it. Its difficult to get the mixture right though. i will try again this week. I am thinking clay once per week is enough, in between I only do water now.
    Oh, and not stinking too

Ive missed you Sally xx
    My mind is like my PC screen: 19 tabs open on the top bar, 3 of them are frozen, 25 half written emails on the bottom bar, and I have no idea where the music is coming from...

Quote Originally Posted by Ciorstain View Post
    Cool - let me know how you like it. Its difficult to get the mixture right though. i will try again this week. I am thinking clay once per week is enough, in between I only do water now.
    Oh, and not stinking too
    I have short, oily, very fine hair. I have to wash it every day at the moment - otherwise I look like I'm wearing a swimming cap for the day!. I might clay wash it two or three times a week. Must admit that I was very attracted by your use of the word 'volume'