Page 84 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3474808182838485868788 ... LastLast

Thread: Don't Wash Your Hair!

I'm still tempted but wondering if it's worth it because I have to colour my hair every 3 weeks or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindam View Post
    Ive missed you Sally xx
    Aw shucks thank you lovely xx

Quote Originally Posted by Lindam View Post
    I have short, oily, very fine hair. I have to wash it every day at the moment - otherwise I look like I'm wearing a swimming cap for the day!. I might clay wash it two or three times a week. Must admit that I was very attracted by your use of the word 'volume'
    I do believe hair gets better, when you get out of the habit washing it daily. But the milage varies
    I was lucky that it was not becoming extremely unpleasant. I used to wash every two days, maybe three when I was not having to represent. And using sulphate free shampoo only.
    When I switched to water washing with cider vinegar rinse 2 weeks ago, I also started brushing it A LOT in order to distribute the oil.
    I do not think I am yet on the "other side" but getting there.

The clay wash was turning my hair into something different. More volume but also a little bit "fly away-ish" after brushing. But it did look good and felt very clean.
    I did not wet it for three days and today I did a water wash with vinegar rinse again.
    I myself would not use clay more than once a week on the hair and body.
    But you have to find out yourself what feels right.
    Let us know!

Thanks Ciorstain. Unfortunately I am a 'chip' off the old block. My hair looks like its been deep fat fried - to the point where I have to wash it twice a day if I have an evening appointment. I'm lucky that my skin is the same - I'd far rather have oily skin than dry.

I can't brush my hair - if I do it'll be oily within minutes. I comb it through once per day with a wide toothed comb and leave it...
    My mind is like my PC screen: 19 tabs open on the top bar, 3 of them are frozen, 25 half written emails on the bottom bar, and I have no idea where the music is coming from...

Hmmm, is it possible that the oiliness comes from too frequent washing?
    But I understand that changing that would be very difficult .....

Try the clay

Today is day 11 and I gave my hair a rinse with vinegar. It looks a little greasy but is still presentable. I am trying to hold off another bicarb wash until Wednesday, day 13

Quote Originally Posted by Sallywags View Post
    Just realised i've thread jacked too!
    The occasional thread jack is definitely allowed! Maybe this is just your rebellion against being told what you have to do? Come back from hols ready to get on track. xx
    Find what works for your body. Don't cheat yourself too often or too much.

Quote Originally Posted by sarapriestley View Post
    The occasional thread jack is definitely allowed! Maybe this is just your rebellion against being told what you have to do? Come back from hols ready to get on track. xx
    Yes that's what it feels like - but it's quite a big rebellion and I'm scared I can't get back. I will come and comment elsewhere more appropriate too - dhs health may need some work so hoping that gives me a boost too.

Sally I hope things sort themselves out for you soon, it must be hard facing so many intolerances Today is day 12 and although my hair feels greasy it doesn't look like it is, it's just gone darker. I'll definitely bicarb it tomorrow morning and get it all light and fluffy again

It's day 17 & this morning I rinsed my hair just in hot water. It feels a little greasy but hubby says it just looks shiny. I'm going to hold off bicarbing it until Tuesday which will be 7 days since it was last "washed".
    Going well so far