Page 93 of 94 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394 LastLast

Thread: Don't Wash Your Hair!

I'm still in and wont be opting out! I love only washing my hair once a week and the compliments that I get from my hairdresser about the condition of my hair. I was on holiday a couple of weeks ago and it wasn't really practical to take a raw egg onto a cruise ship so I put some ACV into a little travel bottle and some baking soda into a little pot. When I washed my hair I used a mug to mix the powder with a little water, then used the same mug to dilute the vinegar. Easy peasy!
    I think that I'm going to lay off the egg yolk wash for a few weeks as my hair has taken on a rose gold hue near the roots! I'm a bit multi coloured as I've got about a cm of greyish roots, then couple of inches of rose gold and my ends are auburnish.

I am totally taken by the egg yolk wash. I do it once a week. Only water in between.
    I have travelled with egg yolk ..... but agree that bicarbonate of soda would be the easier option

I have given up on this one. The last egg wash didn't feel right, so I used shampoo again.
    I have how ever decided to only do it once a week though and it feels fine inbetween washes
    Trust the process, the results will come

Hi everyone

Ive spent most of the evening scrolling through this post. I looked into and tried the no poo movement a couple of years ago. I think i only tried it for a couple of weeks. I tried the bicarb and cider vinegar but didn't get good results so gave up.

I've always suffered with greasy hair and skin and have had spots since i was about 10. I've got shoulder length brown hair with a fringe. I have been breaking out with spots on my forehead so im thinking that i should probably grow my fringe back out.

Should i just wash with water? Face and hair, should i do the hair daily?

About the rest of the body, i suffer from sweaty armpits, my husband always moans and says i smell sweaty (its normally a sweet smell ). Would washing with just water and not actually using deodorant help? (I use roll on at the moment)

What do you lovely ladies do about body hair? I prefer getting waxed but i shave maybe once a week (need to every other day when the summer comes). Does shaving cream cause issues?

What about washing clothes? I just use Ariel tablets at the moment?

Sorry about all the questions, just clueless.

This is TMI but i had my hormone coil switched to the copper coil today so im hoping that will help a bit. I only realised a couple of months ago that i put on my excess weight after having the hormone coil.

Quote Originally Posted by KimmyMarky2010 View Post
    Hi everyone

Ive spent most of the evening scrolling through this post. I looked into and tried the no poo movement a couple of years ago. I think i only tried it for a couple of weeks. I tried the bicarb and cider vinegar but didn't get good results so gave up.

I've always suffered with greasy hair and skin and have had spots since i was about 10. I've got shoulder length brown hair with a fringe. I have been breaking out with spots on my forehead so im thinking that i should probably grow my fringe back out.

Should i just wash with water? Face and hair, should i do the hair daily?

About the rest of the body, i suffer from sweaty armpits, my husband always moans and says i smell sweaty (its normally a sweet smell ). Would washing with just water and not actually using deodorant help? (I use roll on at the moment)

What do you lovely ladies do about body hair? I prefer getting waxed but i shave maybe once a week (need to every other day when the summer comes). Does shaving cream cause issues?

What about washing clothes? I just use Ariel tablets at the moment?

Sorry about all the questions, just clueless.

This is TMI but i had my hormone coil switched to the copper coil today so im hoping that will help a bit. I only realised a couple of months ago that i put on my excess weight after having the hormone coil.
    Hiya - RE: BO Basher - Try PitROK
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

I was trying to remember the name of that Mat.
    Peggy - how is your supply holding up?

Hi Kmmy, I use soap nuts in the washing machine and dishwasher. https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=so...&client=safari. About 4-6 in an old sock in with the wash, and I get about 3 washes from the sock. Same routine for the dishwasher. Works fine.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?clie...iw=768&bih=984
    My mind is like my PC screen: 19 tabs open on the top bar, 3 of them are frozen, 25 half written emails on the bottom bar, and I have no idea where the music is coming from...

Socks in dishwasher?

It's just an eco version of those little bags you used to get with Arial washing tablets. Bung the sock containing your soap nuts on the top rack, and it works fine.

Go on, live on the wild side Sarah!
    My mind is like my PC screen: 19 tabs open on the top bar, 3 of them are frozen, 25 half written emails on the bottom bar, and I have no idea where the music is coming from...

Look, my family think I'm peculiar enough without me putting socks in the dishwasher. You'll be having me carted off, they think I have Alzheimer's because I confuse domestic appliances all the time - this would make it worse!!