Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Phase 1 Recipes

Amina
    Visitor

Oops! I forgot this should have been a ph2 recipe, as no cheese is allowed in ph1! (Sorry for tempting you all).... Anyway, to make it ph1, just leave out the cheese!

Mat, thank you, I've posted it!

barbarajoh
    Visitor

Hi can anyone help me find a recipe for prawn fishcakes which was posted here this week. Now I can't find it and need to know the other ingredients. I have done the search thingie but still can't find it. Help!

The one on the page before this one in this thread ?

barbarajoh
    Visitor

Thanks Penny, I have been going round in circles, obviously. So tired this time round on phase!. Anyone else feel exhausted? I am on my 5th day and was hoping to do a little longer, perhaps the fatigue means I should?

Here's a link to the actual post
    The worst bigots in the world are those who most loudly proclaim their ‘tolerance’

barbarajoh
    Visitor

Thanks Mat, going to try it tonight

I have to admit I tried the Fish cakes and they collapsed in the frying pan *sniff* They were ok - It just looked like I had a cross between falafel and scrambled eggs

Amina
    Visitor

Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    I have to admit I tried the Fish cakes and they collapsed in the frying pan....

Sorry Penny can't help you there as I haven't tried it yet...Thank goodness, it wasn't one of my recipes!

No offence meant of course ... I just wonder if I did them wrong ?

Amina
    Visitor

I wish I knew the answer.

When I make kebabs, it goes wrong and ends up scrambled as you say, so many times that I've lost count. I think it's to do with how it's binded. Normally if you use egg, flour or potato, it binds quite well, but it can become quite tricky when you try to make burgers/kebabs without these. Also, meat is easier to make & cook (as burgers), because it has more fat, fish has less.

May be if you add just enough egg to form the burger blending the mixture well, then shallow fry in oil or butter, it may work. Too much egg may make the mixture stick to the pan.

I am only guessing btw, but hope this helps.