1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon mustard powder
Freshly ground black pepper
6 lamb’s kidneys
50ml chicken stock
Dash of Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons double cream
1) Mix the cayenne pepper and mustard powder in a bowl and season with the black pepper.
2) Remove the membrane from the kidneys, slice them in half lengthwise and then roll them in the spice mixture.
3) Melt the butter in a frying pan. When it just starts to brown add the kidneys and quickly fry them for 2-3 minutes on both sides, until they are nicely browned.
4) Add the chicken stock and Worcestershire sauce and boil until the stock volume is reduced by half.
5) Turn off the heat to the frying pan and allow everything to cool for a minute. Then stir in the double cream and mix thoroughly so that you have a smooth, light brown coloured sauce.
6) Transfer to a warm dish and serve immediately.
Suitable for: C, H, W.